With a complete package of flexible real estate and services including design, retail analytics, technology and marketing, brands can be up and running in front of hundreds of thousands of shoppers in a matter of weeks. Unlike a pop-up or department store format, BrandBox members configure a fully functioning retail store that is unique to their brand's aesthetic and ethos.
The first BrandBox location will open this weekend at Tysons Corner Center in Tysons, VA, with
"Our extensive research and direct experience with top digitally native brands has helped us to understand how essential offline retail is to their future growth and success," said
"While Naadam lived exclusively online for our first few years, we have seen firsthand the importance of physical retail with the opening of two stores this year," said
Behind the BrandBox Storefront
More than a storefront of cool new brands, BrandBox is a package of flexible real estate plus all of the services needed to set emerging brands up for success with physical retail.
- Flexible space and lease terms: A BrandBox store ranges from 500 to 2,500 square feet and leases run six to 12 months. Spaces have modular walls and tracking systems to be easily re-oriented for a new store configuration, and lighting and fixtures are easily swapped out.
- All the services needed to open: BrandBox offers high-touch support on design and buildout, staffing, and technology through partnerships with industry leaders including
Bobby Redd, FITCH, Vitra, RetailNext and Boomtown. Each store comes prefabricated with plug-and-play technology and utility including WiFi, retail analytics (pre-wired to support all major POS systems), security tags and cameras, storage for inventory, and a breakroom.
- Store designs tailored to each brand: BrandBox works closely with each brand and design partners to help brands quickly and cost-effectively navigate the design process. The result is a storefront where consumers can experience a retail environment that mirrors a brand's ethos.
- Social and experiential marketing: BrandBox is a three-pronged approach to retail, with a storefront, social marketing, and experiential programming to drive foot traffic and additional brand awareness both offline and online. We've partnered with best-in-class agencies to see creative visions to life for each group of brands at BrandBox.
- Offline analytics comparable to online: Brands have access to a proprietary retail analytics dashboard to measure in-store sales and customer engagement as they would in the digital world by analyzing data including anonymized foot traffic, conversion, customer flows, and sales. They can measure a lift in local ecommerce traffic resulting from opening a store with BrandBox.
- Physical retail education: As part of the commitment to be a resource for brands navigating the shift to offline retail, BrandBox offers extensive educational content on BrandBox.com.
Meet the brands at Tysons Corner Center
Winky Lux– Winky Luxis a cosmetics brand that is veering away from the traditional supply chain to offer fashion-driven and beauty obsessed millennials a luxury makeup experience with sustainable, non-toxic ingredients and affordable prices.
- Naadam – Naadam is a luxury ready-to-wear brand that specializes in rare cashmere that is sourced responsibly and sustainably from nomadic Mongolian herders and delivered to customers at unexpected prices.
- Interior Define – Interior Define is reconceptualizing the furniture shopping experience. The home furnishing company's made-to-order production and digital-first approach allows consumers to design high-quality, custom pieces at competitive prices.
- Nectar Sleep – Nectar Sleep is a new online retailer providing the most comfortable memory foam mattress on the market and at the price of your dreams.
- DKNY – DKNY is a
New York-based fashion house specializing in fashion goods for men and women, founded in 1989 by Donna Karan.
- UrbanStems – UrbanStems is a DC-based online flower delivery company that creates a one-of-a-kind gifting experience nationwide.
BrandBox is also a platform for heritage brands to test a new market or concept within the
BrandBox is a new turnkey approach for high-growth digitally native brands to open and operate stores, and scale physical retail as a complement to ecommerce. Complete with flexible real estate, short-term leases, and services for design, staffing, technology and utility, brands can open their first inline retail store in a matter of weeks. BrandBox goes beyond the retail environment with experiential programming, social marketing and more to engage their customer base, drive foot-traffic and ultimately drive sales. For more information visit https://brandbox.com.
A recognized leader in sustainability,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/macerich-launches-brandbox-to-bridge-digital-and-physical-retail-300751832.html
Karen Maurer, Macerich, 602-708-6311, Website: http://www.macerich.com, or Farrell Klein for BrandBox, 650-517-6181, email@example.com